Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bank of America Marathon
Tampa, Florida
Sunday, February 18, 2007

I race walked the Bank of America Marathon in Tampa, Florida on Sunday, February 18, 2007. It turned out to be a great day for the event. The rain during the night stopped at 5:00 AM and the race started at 6:00 AM. The temperature varied from 50 to 55 degrees and it was mostly sunny. The wind was somewhat strong and gusty; however, since the breeze came mainly from the west, much of the time it was not a factor. Tampa's course is about as flat as a course can get and it is well planned so that traffic is not tied up as in most big city marathons. The race was well organized with plenty of volunteers and water-gatorade stops.
This is the 4th straight year that I have done this event. I walked my second fastest time of the season. I usually do well in this event and my personal record of 4:42:52 occurred there in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home