Monday, January 14, 2008

Disney World Marathon and Half Marathon
Disney World, Florida
Saturday and Sunday, January 12 and 13, 2008

I once again did the Goofy Challenge at the Disney World Marathon and Half Marathon on January 12 and 13, 2008. In the event I had to complete the Half Marathon on Saturday and the Marathon on Sunday. The Disney event is my favorite event in which to participate. As always the event was extremely well organized with plenty of enthusiastic volunteers, water stations, traffic control, etc. Even though rain was predicted, the weather remained dry. I did get a little warm as Sunday had 100% humidity for the beginning of the race. If you want to do your first marathon, Disney is a great place as the emphasis is on the average runner instead of the elites. As always I had a great time and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home