Monday, March 31, 2008

Covenant Health Marathon
Knoxville, Tennessee
Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday, March 30, 2008 was a great day to race walk the Covenant Health Marathon in Knoxville, Tennessee. The temperature was in the 50’s, overcast with a small breeze. The course was very challenging as there are hills everywhere. In fact there is almost no section where I was not going up or down. There were plenty of enthusiastic volunteers at the water stations and intersections. There were also plenty of police to control traffic.
The day started with a reporter from the local Knoxville CBS television station interviewing me for later broadcast in the daily news. I got to proclaim that “I am a Marathon Maniac” who has race walked 84 marathons in 32 states plus DC since 2002. I told him that I expected to finish just over 5 hours (my time was 5:03) and will finish my 50 states in October, 2008. It was a nice experience. I enjoyed the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home