Monday, July 28, 2008

Carrollton Charity Marathon
Saginaw, Michigan
Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday, July 27, 2008 saw me do the Carrollton Charity Marathon in Saginaw, Michigan. There was a little breeze and sunny skies with the temperature varying from 55 to 75 degrees which was Ideal at the beginning and somewhat warm near the end. The race had about 90 participants on a course that was totally flat consisting of 8 out and back journeys on a 5K measured path with and additional shorter out and back at the beginning to make the distance a certified marathon. Normally I would not like that many repeat laps; however, I knew before I entered what the course was like. Since I needed a Michigan marathon and this one fit my schedule well, I decided to do it. The race was very well organized and the people were extremely friendly. There were only two water stops that were strategically located so as to make water and Gatorade available approximately every 1 mile. The two roads that were utilized were completely closed to traffic and four policemen controlled the intersections that were not barricaded. I made a good decision when I decided to do this race as I enjoyed myself completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home