Monday, November 24, 2008

Philadelphia Marathon
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sunday, November 23, 2008

The temperature in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania varied between 23 and 35 degrees with partly sunny skies and a little breeze as I race walked the Philadelphia Marathon. The volunteers were fantastic as the water/Gatorade stations spaced about every two miles had plenty of enthusiastic people willing to brave the cold to support the participants. The shivering policemen controlled the traffic and I thanked each one as I passed. The course was mostly flat; however, there were some hills that were short and not very steep. As a result of the cold ice formed at many of the water stations making the footing extremely slippery. In fact at the water station near mile 11, despite the fact that I was being extra careful, I still slipped and fell. Fortunately I did not injure myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home