Monday, June 06, 2011

Minneapolis Half Marathon
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sunday, June 5, 2011

I race walked the Minneapolis Half Marathon in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Sunday, June 5, 2011. The temperature varied from 64 degrees at the start to 75 degrees when I finished. There was almost no wind and the sun was shining brightly. The course went on roads closed to traffic which went along the Mississippi River with two crossings of the river. There were a few hills, two of which where somewhat challenging to the 4800 participants in the marathon and half marathon. Water/Powerade stations were located every two miles until mile 6 after which they were located every mile. Plenty of enthusiastic volunteers manned the stations. There were many spectators along the route that cheered for the participants. The race was very well organized and fun to do. I got quite a surprise when I checked the results. I was second in the male 65-69 running age group in which I was entered because, as is normal in most of the marathons and half marathons that I do, there was no walking division. It is very unusual for me to win a running age group award.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home