Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pensacola Beach Half Marathon
Pensacola Beach, Florida
 Sunday, April 13, 2014

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 I race walked the Pensacola Beach Half Marathon in Pensacola Beach, Florida. It was a little on the warm side with temperatures in the 70’s, a 10-15 mph SE breeze that was shielded by homes and shrubbery, and sunny skies. The course was as flat as can be on roadways that were closed to all traffic except those living on the utilized roadways who drove slowly and respected the safety of the participants. There were many police along the route as well as cheering spectators. Water/Gatorade stations were located about every 1.5 miles and were manned by plenty of enthusiastic volunteers. When I did this event last year the mile markers were miss placed in many places. That was corrected this year as the markers were placed correctly. The age group awards were once again less than impressive; however, this year I won second place in my running age group even though I walked the entire race. I receive a small tile with a label pasted on that told the event, but not the age group, sex, or place. The event was well organized and I enjoyed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home