Sunday, March 22, 2015

Shamrock Half Marathon
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Sunday, March 22, 2015

On Sunday, March 22, 2015 I race walked the Shamrock Half Marathon in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The temperature ranged in the upper 40’s with mostly cloudy skies and some wind. The course was flat on roadways and the Boardwalk which were completely closed to traffic. Intersections were controlled by police and other volunteers. Water/Gatorade stations were located every 1.5 miles and were manned by plenty of enthusiastic volunteers. The two days of racing saw almost 30000 participants. The race has been held for many years and I have done 5 full marathons or 2 half marathons. The event is always extremely well organized and I enjoyed myself a usual. My friend, Bart Yasso from Runner’s World was a celebrity at the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home