Sunday, May 10, 2015

Delaware Half Marathon
Wilmington, Delaware
Sunday, May 10, 2015

On Sunday, May 10, 2015 I race walked the Delaware Half Marathon in Wilmington, Delaware. The temperature was between 65 and 72 degrees for the whole event with no wind and fog above ground level. The course was along city roads and paved bike trails that were completely closed to traffic. The course was about 50% flat and 50% hilly with no challenging hills; however, one of the hills that was used for both going up and down was over a mile in length. Police and other volunteers controlled the traffic and kept the participants safe. Water/Gatorade stations were located approximately every 1.5 miles and were manned by plenty of volunteers that took care of the needs of the participants. There were spectators throughout the course cheering for the participants. The event was very well organized and I enjoyed myself. I have done this event 4 times – the marathon twice and the half marathon twice. Since having my knee replaced on February 20, 2012, I have completed 80 half marathons in 48 different states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home