Sunday, July 12, 2015

Missoula Half Marathon
Missoula, Montana
Sunday, July 12, 2015

On Sunday, July 12, 2015 I race walked the Missoula Half Marathon in Missoula Montana. The weather was cool for Montana at this time of year as the cloudy skies and little wind with some light drizzle saw the temperature varied from 62 to 68 degrees. The course was mostly flat with some up and downs on roadways that for the most part were closed to traffic and had intersections controlled by police officers. The water/Gatorade stations were located approximately every 2.5 miles until mile 10 and more numerous thereafter. There were plenty of enthusiastic, efficient volunteers to take care of the needs of the approximately 3700 half marathoners and 1300 full marathoners. There were many spectators spread out along the course that cheered for everyone and let all the out-of-towners know that Missoula appreciated them coming and doing the event. I was happy that my left hamstring was mostly healed and I did not have to suffer as I did the previous two events. I did take it easy to ensure no further injury. In the finish area there were computers to print out individual race results for everyone as well as photographers that took finisher’s photos and printed out a color 5X7 photo for each person. I have now done the Missoula Event 5 times, 1 marathon and 4 half marathons. It is always fun, well organized, and I have always enjoyed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home