Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Newport Half Marathon
Newport, Rhode Island
Saturday, April 15, 2017

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 I race walked the Newport Half Marathon in Newport, Rhode Island.  The temperature varied from 38 to 49 degrees with sunny skies and a wind starting calm and building to 10 to 15 mph by the time I finished.  The course had much up and down and what somewhat challenging on city roads through the famous mansion neighborhoods and along the Atlantic Ocean.  The road were open to some traffic and had many police officers controlling to keep everyone safe.  Water stations were located from 2 to 2.5 miles apart and had plenty of efficient friendly volunteers taking care of the needs of the participants.  This was the first year for this spring race which has had an identical version in the fall for several years and I had completed once.  I enjoyed this event that was well organized and fun.  I even managed to get first place in my running age group despite the fact that I walked the entire way.






Packet Pick-up




Before the Race




After the Race




Two of the Newport Mansions





Wild Turkey




Wild Swan




Commercial Fishing Boats





New Bedford Whaling Museum
Massachusetts





Submarine Force Museum
Connecticut





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home