Wednesday, January 08, 2020


Spring Hill Half Marathon

Spring Hill, Florida

Sunday, January 5, 2020



On Sunday, January 5, 2020 I race walked the Spring Hill Half Marathon in Spring Hill, Florida.  The temperature varied from 44 to m57 degrees with sunny skies and a 5-10 mph wind.  The course was an out and back journey on the paved Sun Coast Trail and is mostly flat on the west side of the Sun Coast Parkway through a very rural countryside where the half marathon saw three roads which crossed the course and only required police assistance at one of the crossings.  Water/electrolyte stations were located every two miles and only required a few volunteers at each as the were only 40, 58, 32 and 51 finishers respectively in the full marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K.  At one of the stations that was used by the half marathoners and full marathoners, the volunteers had left by the time I reached it.  The event did not seem to be as organized as most of the events that I do.  I even managed to earn first place in my Male 70-74 running age group even though I walked the entire way.

















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home