Tuesday, October 10, 2006


I left Key West on Friday, October 6, 2006 and arrived in Rapid City, South Dakota in the evening, gaining two hours on the way.

Saturday, I picked up the race materials at a sight that was used for the movie: Dances With Wolves. There was a recreated old town. Next I became a tourist. I went to Mount Rushmore and saw the monument. There were two mountain goats near the entrance. From there I went to the Crazy Horse Monument. It is a long way from being completed; however, it was very interesting. There is much Native American exhibits. Next came Custer State Park and it's wildlife. I saw three herds of bison, about 25 pronghorn antelope, 30 deer, 3 big horn sheep, 15 wild burrows, 5 prairie chicken, 40 wild turkeys, and several colonies of prairie dogs.

Sunday, I did the Mount Rushmore Marathon. The temperature was in the 40's for the entire event. It was a very challenging course with very many hills. I enjoyed myself and was happy with my finish time.

I have inserted a picture of me at Mount Rushmore with my finisher's medal.


Monday, I left Rapid City and returned home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home