Monday, December 11, 2006

Thunder Road Marathon
Saturday, December 9, 2006
Charlotte, North Carolina

I race walked the Thunder Road Marathon on Saturday, December 9, 2006 in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was cold! The temperature at the 8:00 AM start of the race was 17 degrees and it probably reached 30 something by the end. I have not felt that cold of a temperature since moving from Ohio in 1998. It could have been worse; however, fortunately there was almost no wind and it was mostly sunny.
The course was somewhat tough as it went up and down throughout. Only a few of the hills were very steep or long; however, very little of the course was flat.
The volunteers were wonderful as they were enthusiastic and plentiful even though it was so cold. I really appreciated their efforts. The Charlotte Police and Firefighters also provide excellent traffic control.
I only took a few pictures of the Charlotte area as I arrived Friday afternoon and had to leave early on Sunday morning. I will post them separately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home