Sunday, January 24, 2010

Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon
Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
Sunday, January 24, 2010

I race walked the Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon on Sunday, January 24, 2010 in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii. The course was an out and back route and for the most part flat with a view of the ocean. Most of the course was on the shoulder of a main highway containing plenty of traffic. Fortunately, the shoulder was wide enough that I never had to walk on the roadway. Water stations were located approximately every 1.5 miles and were manned by plenty of enthusiastic volunteers. There were no sports drinks available during or after the race. There were no need for traffic control except in the first and last mile, where a few volunteers were needed. The race was well organized and featured a 5K, 15K, half marathon, and full marathon. The weather was sunny with the temperature starting at 67 and becoming hot in the mid 70's once the sun came up. There was almost no breeze. I did manage to see 3 humpback whales out in the ocean as I walked the race. It was a wonderful day in Maui and I enjoyed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home