Sunday, January 03, 2016

De Leon Springs Half Marathon
De Leon Springs, Florida
Sunday, January 3, 2016

On Sunday, January 3, 2016 I race walked the De Leon Springs Half Marathon in De Leon Springs, Florida. The temperature stayed about 55 degrees with little wind as a light rain occurred throughout the event. I was lucky that it did not rain very hard as the radar showed heavy rain in surrounding areas. The De Leon Springs Half Marathon is a small event which I have done 4 times. The entry fee was only $30 without a tee shirt. The course is a mostly flat out and back trek on 12.4 miles of paved roads and 0.7 miles of a sandy dirt road that because of the rain was less than ideal for footing. The road is open to traffic that was sparse. The water stations were located after mile 1, after mile 4, after mile 6, before mile 7, before mile 9, and before mile 12 with Gatorade available in the third and fourth station. I appreciate that the volunteers handled their duties despite the drizzle. Normally this arrangement of stations would cause me to become somewhat dehydrated; however, with the cool temperature and rain it did not bother me today. It is nice to do a small race once in a while and even though it rained, I enjoyed myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home